You know what's better for a working mom than a meal that requires a 10 minute prep and a 5 minute cook? Um, nothing. I bring to you an extremely yummy meal that decreases your time in the kitchen and maximizes your time in a stretchy pant of your choosing. Stay tuned for more meals like this, high five working lady.
RAVIOLI WITH SAUTEED ASPARAGUS AND WALNUTS
- 1 - 8 oz package of fresh ravioli (I chose to use two different kinds, mushroom and 4 cheese)
- ½ pound of asparagus – snap off the tough ends – chop asparagus into thirds or smaller.
- 1 half lemon
- 2 tbs butter
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 2 tbs minced parsley
- 6 twists of pepper
- 2 tbs grated parmesan plus some to serve at the table.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, chop your asparagus into thirds (snap off tough white ends and discard). Mince parsley, squeeze lemon and measure out walnuts and butter.
- In a large sauce pan, melt 2 tbs of butter over medium heat until frothy. Add chopped asparagus to the pan, stir slightly to coat asparagus with butter and cover with the pan with a lid. The asparagus should be slightly damp when adding it to the pan. The pan should only be on medium heat so you don't burn the butter or the asparagus. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes - depending on thickness of asparagus.
- While asparagus is cooking, add ravioli to boiling water and cook as per the package instructions – my package said 4 minutes. Drain when done and add to a bowl.
- When asparagus is done, remove asparagus with a slotted spoon. There will be some browned butter left in the bottom of the pan. Add asparagus to the bowl of ravioli.
- Add lemon juice and 6 twists of black pepper to the pan with the remaining browned butter and bring to a boil and stir for 30 seconds. Pour the butter lemon sauce over cooked ravioli and asparagus. There will not be a lot of sauce - you just want enough to lightly coat the ravioli.
- Add walnuts, parsley and 2 tbs parmesan cheese - toss gently to combine